The DTS 4160.grandmaster is a combined time distribution and synchronization device with up to 4 network ports (IPv4/IPv6). It provides a time reference for PTP and NTP clients. With its high-precision and intelligent concept for redundant operation, it offers a high degree of reliability and availability
IEEE-1588 PTP Grandmaster Clock - DTS 4160.grandmaster
The DTS 4160 is a PTP grandmaster
according to IEEE 1588-2008 / PTPv2, with
IEEE 1588-2019 / PTPv2.1 compability,
for the synchronization of highly accurate
clients. Usable for telecom (e.g. LTE), energy
(e.g. smart grid), automation etc.
HIGH-PERFORMANCE NTP SERVER
The DTS 4160 can reply to more than 10‘000
NTP and SNTP requests per second (up to
600‘000 clients depending on NTP client
For utmost availability, two DTS 4160 can be
connected to offer redundant master-slave
operation with automatic switch over in case
of an error.
A redundant power supply is also possible.
The DTS 4160 can receive all GNSS signals
(GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, BeiDou),
guaranteeing utmost accuracy and
availability. For GNSS security, multiple
constellations can be used in parallel.
The DTS 4160 offers state-of-the-art network
services such as VLAN, link aggregation and
The DTS 4160 offers different oscillator
options for advanced holdover performance.
The DTS 4160 supports legacy outputs such
as IRIG, E1, DCF etc.
4 completely separated LAN ports (3x RJ45, 1x SFP):
- provides PTP on 3 ports 1- and 2-step master or slave
- different profiles and domains per port
- IPv4/IPv6/Layer 2
- provides NTP on 4 ports (>10’000 requests/s on all 4 ports combined)
Multi-purpose device due to the different time code and frequency outputs:
- 1x E1 RJ48 (balanced) or BNC (unbalanced)
- 2x pulse/frequency/10MHz outputs
- 1x IRIG-B / AFNOR
- 2x serial output
- 1x DCF current loop output
High degree of system redundancy by connecting two DTS 4160 via fiber optic link:
- high availability
- master-slave operation with automatic switch over in case of an error
High precision time:
- Time reception from GPS, GLONASS or Beidou
- GPS disciplined oscillator (GPSDO)