Time Server & Time Display for Power Utility Industries
High degree of reliablitiy and availability is a must for time distribution systems. Providing the correct time in power plants as well as in conventional and digital substations is essential.
Why is accurate time important in Power Utility Industries?
High reliability in the sub-millisecond or sub-microsecond time accuracy is essential for power utility. In particular, in high sensitive risk sectors, such as power distribution grid (e.g. medium-voltage power lines, low-voltage wiring, substations and pole-mounted transformers), uninterrupted operation and the recording of all events with a precise time stamping are required at all times to track back disturbances. An absolute time reference is a must.
What are the benefits of accurate time?
- Electrical utilities depend on an accurate time synchronization to detect grid instabilities and to protect the infrastructure.
- Maintaining an accurate time in all protection and control systems is the key for reliable time stamping of all events. It will facilitate the analyses of the disturbances which may occur on the power system.
- Keeping any power facility running efficiently is dependent on accurate synchronization throughout the IT network and the station bus.
What are the MOBATIME Solutions to provide accurate Time for Power Utility Industries?
1. NTP / PTP / PRC / IRIG / Frequency interfaces or Pulses Synchronization for Network Systems
- Utilizing Network Time Protocol (NTP) or, if required, an even more precise time through Precision Time Protocol (PTP), PTP meet IEC 61850-9-3 Utility Profile, all the WAN / LAN Networks, substation’s sub systems can be synchronized from one timeserver.
- Through the use of redundant NTP/PTP servers, in the event of a failure, an automatic switch between master and slave status can take place that can ensure increased availability and security of the time system.
- Other diverse interfaces (e.g. IRIG, ToD, E1, 2MHz. 10MHz, precision pulse, serial telegram etc.) depending on the selection of timeserver are possible.
2. Self-setting Slave Clocks Synchronization
- NTP Network analogue and digital Clocks are perfectly suited for the surroundings of a power plant or power substation facility and can be synchronized with any of our Time servers or Master-clocks. The clocks set themselves to the correct time automatically and can also be monitored remotely. Connected over the LAN / WAN and powered with power over Ethernet POE, these clocks require no additional infrastructure, making the installation inexpensive and allowing for easy repositioning.
- Two-Wire clocks, with no need of any adjustments for absolute time on the slave clocks. The self-setting time code is featured with permanent power supply for the analogue clocks. There is no need of additional wiring for power (Digital clocks may require additional power supply). The two-wire installation is simple and cost-effective, with a free topology. Utilizing the self-setting time code, hundreds of clocks can be synchronized from one master clock via a two-wire cable.
Which products are ideal for Power Utility Industries environment?
1. Time Server
With our time servers / grandmasters you are able to synchronize all clocks as well as your network in the whole infrastructure. To gain high availability a redundant Time system may be considered.
You want to synchronize your network (station bus or IED) via NTP and/or PTP, PRC, IRIG, Frequency interfaces or Pulses, we recommend the following product
You want to distribute your network IRIG-B, we recommend the following product:
You want to configure supervise & maintain all time server / grandmaster and NTP slave clock from one single location, all you need is MOBA NMS.
2. Time Display / Analogue and digital clocks
We offer a wide range of products for analogue and digital clocks. The high quality of our products offerts you the security to purchase a time display that requires little maintenance and avoids subsequent investements.
What Differentiates MOBATIME From Others?
- MOBATIME products are successfully deployed in worldwide projects with 100% satisfaction.
- We’re chosen because we provide a complete solution which includes but not limited to just supply of competent time servers, slave clocks / standalone clocks and accessories but also essential services and support system after sales
- Our products are particularly well known for
- Our time servers come with an industry leading specification and quality.
- Our wide range of analogue clocks and digital clocks suitable for both indoor and outdoor environment with various synchronization mode such as NTP, self-setting code, wireless, standalone, etc.
- All our products are of good quality and are made in Switzerland and EU countries. We deliver what we promise.
- Our values drive us and we are present within your location either directly or through our partners and can extend our best support online or onsite in line with the customer requirement.
- At last, we would like to add that knowing our time systems are improving the timekeeping of the application areas: Railways, Airports, Hospitals, Banks, Telecom, Power utilities, Industry, Institutions and Ships. We feel motivated by improving & investing for a better customer experience.