Time Servers and Clocks for industrial automations
High degree of reliability and availability is a must for time distribution systems. The Industrial automations and Industries 4.0 are using digital solutions and advanced technologies where the accurate time is essential
Why is accurate time important in Industrial automations?
Time is capital. In industrial automations, non-synchronized systems lead to errors and delays, which has a negative impact on all processes. Staff in all areas of work must have necessary time management, which allows them to work efficiently. Clean processes, which are coordinated with each other, are more important than ever to keep production running. In order for production plants to have traceable records and real-time monitoring, precise time is required.
What are the benefits of accurate time?
- It is crucial to maintain an accurate time in the different subsystems throughout the industry infrastructure, including but limited to industrial automation systems, real time monitoring, time shifts, time display, measurements coordination, control systems, IT-Networks, data exchange and cognitive computing.
- High degree of security is important as a reliability and 99.999% availability may be requested to avoid any loss of synchronization throughout the Industrial plant.
- Keeping Industry facilities running efficiently is dependent on accurate time in all industrial automation systems, IT networks, self-monitoring systems, access control… All the systems, robots, machines, smart sensors and all the clocks, should be synchronized with one common time source and have all the same time.
What are the MOBATIME Solutions to provide accurate Time for Industrial automations?
1. NTP / PTP Synchronization for Network Systems
- Utilizing Network Time Protocol (NTP) or, if required, an even more precise time through Precision Time Protocol (PTP), IEEE 1588 PTP, all the WAN / LAN Networks, machines, robots and industrial systems can be synchronized from one timeserver.
- Through the use of redundant NTP/PTP servers, in the event of a failure, an automatic switch between master and slave status can take place that can ensure increased availability and security of the time system.
- Other diverse interfaces (e.g. IRIG, ToD, E1, 2MHz. 10MHz, precision pulse, serial telegram etc.) depending on the selection of timeserver are possible.
2. Self-setting Slave Clocks Synchronization
- NTP Network analogue and digital Clocks are perfectly suited for the surroundings of a power plant or power substation facility and can be synchronized with any of our Time servers or Master-clocks. The clocks set themselves to the correct time automatically and can also be monitored remotely. Connected over the LAN / WAN and powered with power over Ethernet POE, these clocks require no additional infrastructure, making the installation inexpensive and allowing for easy repositioning.
- Two-Wire clocks, with no need of any adjustments for absolute time on the slave clocks. The self-setting time code is featured with permanent power supply for the analogue clocks. There is no need of additional wiring for power (Digital clocks may require additional power supply). The two-wire installation is simple and cost-effective, with a free topology. Utilizing the self-setting time code, hundreds of clocks can be synchronized from one master clock via a two-wire cable.
Which products are ideal for Industrial automations?
1. Time Server
With our time servers / grandmasters you are able to synchronize all clocks as well as your network in the whole infrastructure. To gain high availability a redundant Time system may be considered.
You want to synchronize all clocks and at the same time your network via NTP or/and PTP, we recommend the following products:
You want to synchronize your clocks with a self-setting code but your Network with NTP, we recommend the following product:
You want to configure supervise & maintain all time server / grandmaster and NTP slave clock from one single location, all you need is MOBA NMS.
2. Time Display / Analogue and digital clocks
We offer a wide range of products for analogue and digital clocks. The high quality of our products offerts you the security to purchase a time display that requires little maintenance and avoids subsequent investements.
Clocks for indoor use:
What Differentiates MOBATIME From Others?
- MOBATIME products are successfully deployed in worldwide projects with 100% satisfaction.
- We’re chosen because we provide a complete solution which includes but not limited to just supply of competent time servers, slave clocks / standalone clocks and accessories but also essential services and support system after sales
- Our products are particularly well known for
- Our time servers come with an industry leading specification and quality.
- Our wide range of analogue clocks and digital clocks suitable for both indoor and outdoor environment with various synchronization mode such as NTP, self-setting code, wireless, standalone, etc.
- All our products are of good quality and are made in Switzerland and EU countries. We deliver what we promise.
- Our values drive us and we are present within your location either directly or through our partners and can extend our best support online or onsite in line with the customer requirement.
- At last, we would like to add that knowing our time systems are improving the timekeeping of the application areas: Railways, Airports, Hospitals, Banks, Telecom, Power utilities, Industry, Institutions and Ships. We feel motivated by improving & investing for a better customer experience.