Time servers and Clocks for Rail Transport
High degree of reliability and availability is a must for time distribution systems. Displaying the correct time for passengers and rail staff is also essential at every metro and railway station. Whether traveling at 300 km/h on high-speed routes or at leisure through picturesque Swiss villages, every railway line requires something different from a time system.
Why is accurate time important in Rail transport?
Time is a crucial factor in the Public transport sector. Passengers must be able to rely on the displayed time during their journey and the rail infrastructure must be accurately synchronized. The time displays have to be easily readable and it is essential that the time synchronization of the different subsystems throughout the rail infrastructure works seamlessly. All the rail subsystems must always be on time for railway security and in the congested rail network, any delay can have a domino effect causing significant disruptions to transport services.
What are the benefits of accurate and secured time source?
- It is crucial to maintain accurate time in the different subsystems throughout the railways, not only limited to clocks, but including multi service network: PIS, PA, IT-Network, CBN, radio system, CCTV, signalling, SCADA, fire alarm and ticketing systems etc.
- High degree of security is important as a reliability and 99.999% availability may be requested to avoid any loss of synchronization throughout the rail infrastructure.
- Keeping the rail infrastructure running efficiently is dependent on accurate time available on the multi service network. All rail systems and all clocks in each station, platforms or offices should be synchronized with one common time source and have all the same time.
What are the MOBATIME Solutions to provide accurate Time for Railways?
1. NTP/PTP Synchronization for Network Systems
- Utilizing Network Time Protocol (NTP) or, if required, an even more precise time through Precision Time Protocol (PTP), all the sub system such as CCTV, IT, Access Control, Car Park, PIS (Passenger Information System) etc. and hundreds / thousands of NTP slave clocks can be synchronized from one timeserver linked to a network.
- Through the use of redundant NTP / PTP servers, in the event of a GPS failure, an automatic switch between master and slave status can take place that can ensure increased availability and security of the time system.
2. Slave Clocks Synchronization
- NTP Network analogue and digital Clocks are perfectly suited for public transport facilities and can be synchronized with any of our Time servers or Master-clocks. The clocks set themselves to the correct time automatically and can also be monitored remotely. Connected over the LAN / WAN and powered with power over Ethernet POE, these clocks require no additional infrastructure, making the installation inexpensive and allowing for easy repositioning.
- Two-Wire clocks, with no need of any adjustments for absolute time on the slave clocks. The self-setting time code is featured with permanent power supply for the analogue clocks. There is no need of additional wiring for power (Digital clocks may require additional power supply). The two-wire installation is simple and cost-effective, with a free topology. Utilizing the self-setting time code, hundreds of clocks can be synchronized from one master clock via a two-wire cable.
Which products are ideal for the Rails environment?
1. Time Server / Master Clocks
With our time servers / master clocks you are able to synchronize all clocks as well as your rail network infrastructure. To gain high availability a redundant Time system may be considered.
You want to synchronize all clocks and at the same time your network via PTP and/or NTP, we recommend the following product:
You want to synchronize your clocks with a self-setting code but your Network with NTP, we recommend the following product:
You want to configure supervise & maintain all time server / master clock and NTP slave clock from one single location, all you need is MOBA NMS
2. Time Display / Analogue and digital clocks
We offer a wide range of products for analogue and digital clocks. The high quality of our products offers you the security to purchase a time display that requires little maintenance and avoids subsequent investments.
Clocks for Corridors, waiting rooms, offices
Clocks for outdoor applications such as facades or train platforms
What Differentiates MOBATIME From Others?
- MOBATIME products are successfully deployed in worldwide projects with 100% satisfaction.
- We’re chosen because we provide a complete solution which includes but not limited to just supply of competent time servers, slave clocks / standalone clocks and accessories but also essential services and support system after sales
- Our products are particularly well known because
- Our time servers come with an industry leading specification and quality.
- Our wide range of analogue clocks and digital clocks suitable for both indoor and outdoor environment with various synchronization mode such as NTP, self-setting code, wireless, standalone, etc.
- All our products are of excellent quality and are made in Switzerland and EU countries. We deliver what we promise.
- Our values drive us and we are present within your location either directly or through our partners and can extend our best support online or onsite in line with the customer requirement.
- At last, we would like to add that knowing our time systems are improving the timekeeping of the application areas: Railways, Airports, Hospitals, Banking, Telecom, Power, Industry, Institutions or Ships. We feel motivated to keep improving & investing for a better customer experience.