Time servers and Clocks for Airports
High degree of reliability and availability is a must for time distribution systems. Displaying the correct time for passengers and ground staff is also essential at every airports.
Why is accurate time important in Airports?
Airports can be a hectic environment. Coordinating passengers and baggage, ensuring flight safety and punctuality, and all this usually in several buildings. Accurate time management is important for mastering the daily challenges. Be it for air traffic control, which requires reliable and highly accurate time, or for the staff, who have to use their resources efficiently. In order to ensure that the skills can be and are ideally used, reliably synchronized systems are a crucial factor. Only when all sub-systems work together at precise time the best performance can be guaranteed.
What are the benefits of accurate time?
- Accurate time stamps are crucial to maintain accurate time in all the different subsystems throughout the airport infrastructure, including but not limited to flight monitoring, radar data, data exchange.
- High degree of security is important as a reliability and 99.999% availability may be requested to avoid any loss of synchronization through the airport.
- Keeping airport facility running efficiently is dependent on accurate time in all systems, IT networks, access control, PIS (Passenger Information System) and automations. All the systems and all the clocks in each corridor, waiting area or offices should be synchronized with one common time source and have all the same time.
What are the MOBATIME Solutions to provide accurate Time for Airports?
1. NTP/PTP Synchronization for Network Systems
- Utilizing Network Time Protocol (NTP) or, if required, an even more precise time through Precision Time Protocol (PTP), all the sub system such as CCTV, IT, Access Control, Car Park, PIS (Passenger Information System) etc. and hundreds / thousands of NTP slave clocks can be synchronized from one timeserver linked to a network.
- Through the use of redundant NTP / PTP servers, in the event of a GPS failure, an automatic switch between master and slave status can take place that can ensure increased availability and security of the time system.
2. Slave Clocks Synchronization
- NTP Network analogue and digital clocks are perfectly suited for the surrounding of an airport facility and can be synchonized with any of our Time server or Master clocks. The clocks set themselves to the correct time automatically and can also be monitored remotely. Connected over the LAN / WAN and powered with POE (Power over Ethernet), these clocks require no additional infrastructure, making the installation inexpensive and allowing for easy repositioning.
- Two-Wire clocks, with no need of any adjustments for absolute time on the slave clocks. The self-setting time code is featured with permanent power supply for the analogue clocks. There is no need of additional wiring for power (Digital clocks may require additional power supply). The two-wire installation is simple and cost-effective, with a free topology. Utilizing the self-setting time code, hundrets of clocks can be synchronized from one master clock via a two-wire cable.
Which products are ideal for the airport environment?
1. Time Server / Master Clocks
With our time server / master clocks you are able to synchronize all clocks as well as your network in the whole infrastructure. To gain high availability a redundant Time system may be considered.
You want to synchronize all clocks and at the same time your network via PTP and/or NTP, we recommend the following product:
You want to synchronize your clocks with a self-setting code but your Network with NTP, we recommend the following product:
You want to configure supervise & maintain all time server / master clock and NTP slave clock from one single location, all you need is MOBA NMS
2. Time Display / Analogue and digital clocks
We offer a wide range of products for analogue and digital clocks. The high quality of our products offerts you the security to purchase a time display that requires little maintenance and avoids subsequent investements.
Clocks for Corridors, waiting rooms, offices
World time clocks for specific locations offers the perfect solution for airports
What Differentiates MOBATIME From Others?
- MOBATIME products are successfully deployed in worldwide projects with 100% satisfaction.
- We’re chosen because we provide a complete solution which includes but not limited to just supply of competent time servers, slave clocks / standalone clocks and accessories but also essential services and support system after sales
- Our products are particularly well known for
- Our time servers come with an industry leading specification and quality.
- Our wide range of analogue clocks and digital clocks suitable for both indoor and outdoor environment with various synchronization mode such as NTP, self-setting code, wireless, standalone, etc.
- All our products are of good quality and are made in Switzerland and EU countries. We deliver what we promise.
- Our values drive us and we are present within your location either directly or through our partners and can extend our best support online or onsite in line with the customer requirement.
- At last, we would like to add that knowing our time systems are improving the timekeeping of the application areas: Railways, Airports, Hospitals, Banks, Telecom, Power utilities, Industry, Institutions and Ships. We feel motivated by improving & investing for a better customer experience.